APPLY TO OUR RESEARCH EXPERIENCE FOR UNDERGRADUATES (REU) FUNDED BY NSF. THE DEADLINE IS APRIL 1 2022!
REU Program on Applied Mathematics and Computational and Data Science
of nonlinear partial differential equations (including wave phenomena and their
applications to physics and biology),
quantum physics, and theoretical optics,
using a variety of methods from functional analysis, harmonic analysis,
systems, numerical analysis, and probability. It is my pleasure to
acknowledge that some of my research is currently been
funded by NSF #2150478. Previously my research have
been generously funded by NSF, Simons Foundation and MAA.
My Researchgate webpage
My googlescholar webpage
School of Mathematical & Statistical Sciences
- Office: MAGC 3.806, Edinburg Campus
- E-mail: email@example.com
Undergraduate and Graduate Research Opportunities in Pure and Applied Mathematics at UTRGV:
am interested to direct Master thesis and undergraduate reseach projects in both programs Pure and Applied
Mathematics. In Pure Mathematics my research interests are in analysis. In Applied
Mathematics my research interests are in partial differential equations and applications.
M.S. Thesis Advisees
- Harrinson Arrubla, University of Texas, Rio Grande Valley, (Co-advisor). Currently Master student at UTRGV.
- Juan Huerta, University of Texas, Rio Grande Valley, (Co-advisor) Graduated in December 2020. Currently Ph.D student at UTRGV.
- Enrique Pereira, (Research project directed) Southern Methodist University, July 2018. Dr. Pereira obtained his Ph.D at Southern Methodist University on December 2020.
- Jose Galarza, University of Texas, Rio Grande Valley, (Co-advisor) Graduation in May 2017. Currently working at BISD.
- Jose Escorcia, University of Puerto Rico, Mayaguez, Graduated in December 2014. Dr. Escorcia obtained his Ph.D at IMPA, Brasil on December 2021.
- Jessica Trespalacios, University of Puerto Rico, Mayaguez, Graduated in December 2014. Currently pursuing Ph.D at Universidad de Chile.
Undergraduate Research Students
- Nohemi Garza Undergraduate
Supervised Research, "On power rule for fractional calculus and MATLAB simulations ", School of Mathematical and
Statistical Sciences at UTRGV, (September 1 - December 1, 2020).
- Kolade Adjibi, Allan Martinez, Miguel Mascorro, Rita Sandoval, (MAA-NREUP) Undergraduate
Supervised Research, "Stochastic partial differential equations with variable coefficients", School of Mathematical and
Statistical Sciences at UTRGV, (July 1, 2019 - August 26, 2019).
- Elijah Hight, Jose Palacio, (NSF-FURST) Undergraduate
Supervised Research, "On Schroedinger equation with superoscillatory
initial data and Burgers equation with variable coefficients," (January
30, 2018 - December 6, 2018)
- Stephanie Flores, Elijah Hight, Everardo
Olivares, Jose Palacio, (MAA-NREUP) Undergraduate
Supervised Research, "Stochastic Burgers Equations and Extensions," School of Mathematical and
Statistical Sciences at UTRGV, (July 2, 2018 - August 26, 2018)
PREVIOUS EVENTS CO-ORGANIZED:
Maricela Lozano, Undergraduate
Supervised Research, "On a new symmetry for Burgers equation," School
of Mathematical and Statistical Science, (January 30, 2018 - May 10, 2018).
- Aaron Moreno,
Undergraduate Supervised Research, "Some mathematical methods in
optics," School of Mathematical and Statistical Sciences,
(January 30, 2018-May 10, 2018).
Marco Romero (Mathematics, UTRGV), Undergraduate Supervised Research. "(UTRGV) Solutions for a Burgers Equation
with Variable Coefficients through Riccati Equation" , School of Mathematical and Statistical
Science. (January 30, 2017 - May 10, 2017) .
Kiara Colon (Math Sciences, UPRM), LSAMP NSF Spring 2016, REU-UPRM Summer 2015
- Gabriel Amador (Math Sciences, UPRM), REU-UPRM Summer 2015
- Gerardo Mercado (Math Sciences, UPRM), REU-UPRM Summer 2015
- Nathalie Luna (Math Sciences, UPRM), REU-UPRM Summer 2015.
- Emmie Roman (Math Sciences, UPRM), Spring 2015
- Francisco De Jesus Pagan (Math Sciences, UPRM), Spring 2015
- Roberto Perez (Math
Sciences, UPRM), LSAMP NSF, Spring 2015, SACNAS poster winner presentation
in applied mathematics, Spring 2013, Fall 2014, Spring 2015.
- David Nino (Mech. Ing. & Applied Math, UPRM), Spring 2013.
- Sebastiani Aguirre NSA Intership, (INEL & Applied Math, UPRM), Spring 2013.
SMSS SPRING RESEARCH WORKSHOP: RECENT DEVELOPMENTS IN INTEGRABLE SYSTEMS AND SOLITONS, MARCH 6-8, 2017
2016 Fall Visiting Scholars, Faculty, and Students Workshops on Mathematics and their Applications in related fields, November 19, 2016
MATLAB WORKSHOP AT UTRGV, REGISTER HERE, Summer 2016
RESEARCH EXPERIENCE FOR UNDERGRADUATES (REU) FUNDED BY MAA/NSF/NSA AT UPRM:
Dynamics of Evolution Equations Modeling Wave Phenomena, June 29 to August 12, 2015.
FINAL PRESENTATIONS ON PARTIAL DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS AT UPRM, May 22, Monzon 213, 12:00-2:00pm
GRE SUBJECT MATH PRACTICE TEST ON MAY 8, 2015 AT UPRM, Monzon 213.
UMaRch CONFERENCE AT UPRM 2015 WAS A GREAT SUCCESS!
POSTER UMaRch 2015
Open Online Courses
IOP IMPACT FACTORS IN MATHEMATICAL PHYSICS JOURNALS
Ranking of Latinamerican Universities
| Welcome to University of Texas, |
Rio Grande Valley (UTRGV).
We are a great institution with
We are between the top three biggest
hispanic serving universities in USA.
89% of our students are hispanic.